We definitely took the week after Thanksgiving to unwind.
Now it seems December has crept up on us out of nowhere.
Not to worry,
thanks to Grandma & Grandpa "T"
we have our first Christmas decoration hung...
Our Advent Calendar.
Tradition calls for a piece of chocolate to be unwrapped every night until Christmas Eve.
This year, we are going the non-traditional route.
Instead of chocolate,
(there are a few fun "gifts" for Lilah)
for the most part,
each day is filled with a slip of paper
describing a festive family activity that we'll try and do together.
- Share candy-canes with Lilah
- Chop down our Christmas Tree
- Make snow-angels
- Visit Santa
- Drink hot cocoa with marshmallows
- Snuggle under the covers and read Christmas books
- "Skype-caroling" with family
- Make Santa "bubble beards"
- Take family pictures
- Build a snowman
- Bake cookies
- Decorate the tree
Here's to making a list and checking it twice!